Helping children, adults and families live healthier, happier lives.
DC will be the preeminent organization committed to excellence and the recognized leader in Human Services.
We will provide a continuum of diversified services based upon community need, resulting in outstanding and ever improving outcomes.
- Respect and compassion for all persons served.
- Acknowledge the abilities, strengths, and worth of the individual and his/her family.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in programming, staffing and service delivery.
- Commitment to education and advocacy to confront racism and prejudices.
- Seek out and be responsive to community need.
- Dedication to teamwork, professionalism, ethical conduct and the prudent use of resources.
- Commitment to opportunities, regardless of personal barriers.
- Commitment to best practices.
A PROUD LEGACY OF COMPASSIONATE SERVICE
Development Centers was incorporated in 1983 as a 501c3 nonprofit from the result of a merger between two long-standing agencies: The Children’s Orthogenic Center and Phoenix Place. As such, we have a combined history of providing behavioral health services to children and adults in Northwest Detroit that extends back to the mid 1940’s.
At the time of the change in name, DC had a staff of 24 and served 700 consumers annually through its 4 programs.
Over the years as the growing number of individuals and families requesting services has increased, and as the diverse needs of our community continuously evolve, Development Centers has always responded to meet those needs.