Development Centers is proud to be part of a pilot national model that is designed to deliver high quality prenatal care, outstanding child development services and innovative school readiness experiences to hundreds of low-income families residing in distressed neighborhoods within the Detroit community.
Thrive By Five Detroit, a unique collaboration between Development Centers and several notable Detroit based human service agencies, offers comprehensive Early Head Start and Head Start programming that will benefit infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers, pregnant women and young families.
Did you know:
Studies have proven that the first five years of growth in the life of a child are critical for his/her future learning abilities, emotional well being and full advancement of cognitive skills.
Children who participate in high quality early education benefit from stronger school performance, reduced special education placements, higher graduation rates, higher rates of employment and future earnings.
Thrive by Five Detroit offers exceptional preschool programming to help prepare your child for school and support for your family.
Open Enrollment is underway. We encourage all interested parents to learn more about this exceptional opportunity to ensure a solid foundation for your child’s growth and development.
Among the program attributes:
- No cost, family-centered programs focused on enhancing children’s social, physical, emotional and intellectual growth
- Prenatal support / doula services for pregnant women
- Health and developmental screenings for all children
- Specialized services for children with disabilities including physical and mental health issues
- Center Based AND Home Based services
- Part Day AND Full Day offerings
- Nutrition services
- Individualized educational learning plans
- Respect for the role of parents as first-caregivers
- Opportunities for parent leadership and learning
- Help for families to achieve their goals related to housing, education and employment
- Supportive assistance, social service referrals and connections to community based resources