Connecting Parents to Resources and Support
Family Alliance for Change is a parent driven, peer-to-peer service with the objectives of supporting, educating and empowering parents with special needs children to meet their family’s goals.
Our compassionate staff is made up of parents of children with Severe Emotional Disturbances (SED), Developmental Disabilities (DD) or has had a child in the foster care system and been reunified. We have great empathy for parents being served in a non-judgmental environment.
Our services include a Parent Support Partner to provide individual supports that help families connect to community resources; System of Care Parent training for parents in Wayne County; support groups, father groups, and opportunities to meet with legislative representatives with regards to policy changes.
- Parent-to-Parent Support (Click Here to learn more)
- MDCH certified staff/Parent Support
- Community Connections/Resources
- Legislative Advocacy
- Clothing Closet
- Parent Support Groups in Spanish and English
- Youth Opportunities
- Workforce Development
- Referral/Emergency and Food
- Cultural Activities for families
- Computer Accessibility for youth and parents
- Parent Networking/ Outreach Events
- Wellness Groups
- Fatherhood Groups
- Parent Supportive Services
- Foster and Kinship supports
- Free Lunch and Summer youth programming
- Parent Modeling and Coaching
Among the Benefits of working with FAFC:
- Successful family connections
- Increase in positive outcomes with goals
- Parents/Families feel empowered to become independent
- Family Reunification
- Parents gain skill and knowledge
- Parents are able to stand on their own
- Parents are able to advocate at all levels of system change
- Increase of Parent Involvement and Engagement
- Parents have learned how to access needed services
- Parents can navigate the community for resources
- Parents know they are not alone and are able to utilize allies
- Parents become active participants in system of Care reform
- Parents can take an active role in legislative policy reform.
Our Family Alliance For Change program also serves as a connector to an extensive inter-agency network that can help address the holistic needs of each person served. Check out our recent video ‘The Climb’ that showcases some of our FAFC joint-partnering activities over the past year.