A PROUD LEGACY OF COMPASSIONATE SERVICE
Development Centers was incorporated in 1983 as a 501c3 nonprofit from the result of a merger between two long-standing agencies: The Children’s Orthogenic Center and Phoenix Place. As such, we have a combined history of providing behavioral health services to children and adults in Northwest Detroit that extends back to the mid 1940’s.
At the time of the change in name, DC had a staff of 24 and served 700 consumers annually through its 4 programs.
Over the years as the growing number of individuals and families requesting services has increased, and as the diverse needs of our community continuously evolved, Development Centers has always responded to meet these challenges.
Today we have a staff of over 350 dedicated professionals and are now providing assistance to more than 11,000 consumers each year through our present listing of over 25 behavioral health & prevention programs …all in addition to offering a comprehensive array of varied housing placement services, employment readiness training, early childhood education, and much more!